Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sick girl...


My poor little girl has been sick for the forth day today.  She had a fever of 102 for two days, but it has dropped down the past two days to around 100.  We took her into the doctor this morning because her cough that began yesterday is so horrible that she can't sleep for more than 20 minutes.  Ask me how much fun this is now that I started a new semester on Wednesday with classes at 7:45 in the morning? I've been running on no sleep, which means I am now sick also.  Whoo hoo!  We had our downstairs neighbor come up and help Kendall give Mady a blessing, and that's the night her fever broke.  The doctor gave her a shot to help open her airways so she can breathe better now.  She is now asleep, and has been asleep for about an hour, so Kendall is napping too.  I've been working on my homework.  I'm taking 15 credits this semester, which will be challenging.  Fortunately, Dolly is coming home from Alaska tonight.  In fact she is arriving in Seattle right now.  We were supposed to go to the Comedy improv tonight, but won't be going now, so we have tickets for the 9 o'clock show if anyone wants them.  We went last year, and it was a lot of fun, very entertaining.  It is sort of a Who's line is it Anyway with Corbin Allred (Saints and Soldiers) and Kirby Heybourne and a few others.  

So I'm taking Abnormal Psychology, Family Interaction, Drug Use and Abuse, New Testament and an online English class.  I'm really excited about them all, but really excited about the Drug class because one of the assignments is going to a treatment group, and the teacher works at the Juvenile Corrections facility and offered for us to attend group there.  I think it will be a real eye opener, and has the potential to lead me towards a decision in what field of Social Work I might want to work in.

3 comments:

AubsandKenny said...

Aww, poor girl. I am glad she is getting better. I was wondering why you were out of it on Friday. ;) Just kidding! We should talk to Brother umm our teacher and go with him to the juvenile system soon! What do you think? Hope you're having a great weekend!!!!

tiff snedaker said...

So sorry Mady has been so sick. It makes it miserable for everyone when you have a sick baby :(
Sounds like you have a good load of classes. I hope you all start feeling better and get some sleep!

Holly Mayer said...

let me know if you need help.