Monday, July 7, 2008

Update








































Mady eating banana in her new high chair...



















Kendall & Mady practicing for the airport ...


































Mady wanted to use the spoon herself...




















Last week when we took Mady to get her x-rays, it was horrible & Mady was hysterical, took a few people to hold her down BUT her x-rays were normal, so that's good. Her physical therapist was such a sweet lady, and when we went back for another session, we had the same one, so I'm glad. After a week of doing a few simple exercises, she is already showing some improved range of motion. We got her a new high chair (until now, we've just been putting her at the table with us in her bumbo seat) she loves it. 4th of July was good, we had our friends over & we had a water balloon fight, ate craigos pizza...I know, very patriotic...and played Killer Bunnies & set off fireworks !!! We drove Dolly up to the top of town so we could look out and see all the crazy people setting off the big fireworks all over town. I AM GETTING SO EXCITED/NERVOUS ABOUT FLYING HOME TO ALASKA! I've started making checklists for what to pack! These last two weeks of school are going to be brutal though.

4 comments:

Sara Birch said...

That is probably such a relief to know that her x-rays were normal! Also, exciting that physical therapy is helping her out! Good luck flying to Alaska! I flew out to New York with Carson when he was only 10 minths old. Lets just say it was a challenge and I was wishing I had Jeff there to help me out! You've probably heard this, but have her drinking a bottle or sucking on pacifier when you take off and land. It helped Carson.

tiff snedaker said...

I'm glad to hear that she is getting more strength and range of motion on the one side. Good luck with your trip to Alaska!

Holly Mayer said...

that black dress looks so cute on you! I would love to borrow the book, I was playing killer bunnies when I went into labor:)

Anonymous said...

You do understand that all commercial flights are pressurized, right. You would have to be in a private plane for it not to be. The other thing to remember is that we are 95 ft above sea level and you are at 4800 ft above sea level so really the plane isn't flying all that much higher than what you live at. (-:
Can't wait to see you! Love Mom