Thursday, December 11, 2008

Late Preterm Babies

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/11/AR2008121101430.html

Just interesting study findings released about late preterm babies (34-36 weeks) 

They are starting to put more emphasis on the seriousness of preterm inductions/ceseareans that are not medically necessary.  BELIEVE  me, I know what it's like to be at the end of your pregnancy and all you can think about is wanting the baby out :) BUT... no matter how convienent it is for your schedule ..etc... please, please think about the risks!  No judgy mcjudging here, I know that sometimes, you just have to do what is best for you and your family...

1 comment:

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, that's pretty scary. I have to roll my eyes at women who are "uncomfortable" and asked to be induced more than a week early. Maybe I don't feel bad because I've delivered both my boys at 41 weeks. It was hard at the time, but it was worth it for them to be healthy!