Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mid Terms... are over. phew.

I can't believe I'm already half way through this semester. It hasn't felt that long at all. I got my midterm grades, and I am excited to report things are going well. I have 3 A's and 2 Bs. One of the Bs is because in order to get an A in the class, we have to 'do something' at some point during the semester. I haven't 'done something' yet. The other B is because the only graded thing we've had in the class at all so far is one test, and that's what I got on the test. I know I can pull that grade up though. I'm proud of myself for taking 15 credits and maintaining good grades. It isn't easy, but I know it will be worth it. It helps that I really love the program so far, and have so much respect for my teachers, they really inspire me to go the distance.

Through the stress of the new semester, etc... *excuses*!! I gained back about 3-4 lbs. I have lost 4.5 lbs in the last two weeks so I feel like I'm back on track. I got a cool app on my phone that helps me track my calories, and I am doing much better.. That seems to do the trick for me, keeping myself accountable for what I put into my body. It's too easy to think, oh this *insert food* won't matter this time... but it really does! When I have a list of what I've eaten, it brings me back to reality. I bought two new cookbooks last weekend, they are both focused on healthy meals for the family. I really like them so far, and I have started making a few of the recipies. All of them provide the nutrition information, and all have fresh fruits and veggies as the main ingredients. It's a little more expensive, since I have to double the recipe to provide for 6 people (They're only 4 servings) and take longer to prepare since it's all fresh, but so far they've turned out pretty good. Christmas hint! I would like cookbooks! ;)

1 comment:

AubsandKenny said...

Good jobs on the grades!!!! The social work program is so great!!!! :D You are such an inspiration about all your weight loss stuff! Way to go!