Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yum

I hate pork. I don't eat it... yuck yuck yuck. Which is why I wanted to share this recipe. For the past month or so, my family has had to endure recipe after recipe from my Campbell's recipe card collection. Some have been great, some not so great. BUT tonight we had the Golden Mushroom Pork and Apples. It is a crockpot recipe. Yes, you are reading this right. I ate pork... and *gasp* liked it.

You will need:
2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed (I just used Italian seasoning, which has tyme and oregano)
8 boneless pork chops (about 2 lbs, 3/4 inch thick)
4 Large Granny Smith Apples, sliced
2 large onions, sliced (about 2 cups)

You will do:

1. Stir the soup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and thyme in slow cooker. Add the pork chops and turn to coat with the soup mixture. Top with the apples and onions.

2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or until the pork is cooked through.
OR do what I did since I was too lazy to get up any earlier before class, and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

So ridiculously easy, and the pork turned out so tender and moist. Sauce was a little runnier than I expected though, and James swears by adding sour cream to thicken sauces up. I guess we'll try that next time. I served with lemon herb broccoli (another campbell's recipe) and crescent rolls. Fed 5 adults and one toddler. Cost about $8.

No comments: