Friday, April 17, 2009

4 speed..

is really not my style. LOL

I decided yesterday that I really should be able to drive Kendall's truck...just in case . This idea came after I got Kendall a bike as a surprise and had to have Dolly ride it home. Anyways, we drove around the block a few times until I felt comfortable and went to take it out onto Main street. The thing is, I've driven a manual before, and it comes back to you. I've never driven a four speed though, or one without the numbers on the stick. So I get to the first light and we are turning left (A TON OF TRAFFIC, since everyone's coming back for school to start Monday) and I kill it in the middle of the intersection. 4 times. Was I mortified? Yes. But laughing. Well it was stuck in third, not first and once Kendall saw that we were able to take off out of the way. I made it all the way to Walmart, and if you are from here, you know how dumb the traffic is on 2nd east when it's bumper to bumper. The reason we were driving was to find me a bike too. So now we both have bikes! I'm going to bike to school since my class is in a building with no parking and I want the exercise. Kendall already biked to work this morning. A guy at Kendall's work designed and built his own kiddie trailer for his bike, and he's going to help Kendall build one for us!

No comments: