Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ok...

I am finally ready to make a commitment.


I know I need to lose weight:
For me.
For my family.
For my health.
For fun. (haha riiiggght)

Seriously though. It's very simple, calories in, more calories out.
So far over that last week I have stopped eating junk food (I'm addicted to chips) and I am keeping a food diary and writing everything down and how many calories. I switched to whole grain everything a while ago, and I try my best to make healthy meals. It was what I eat in between and late at night that was getting me. I just did 30 minutes on the elliptical and I walked 2 mile today. OH and I used my special inhaler before, and I NEVER KNEW how hard it was for me to breath before. It used to hurt in my chest so bad, but this time, nothing at all. Also, my I was able to keep my heart rate within a healthy range, versus struggling to breath and having my heart rate be in the 180's. I just can't believe what a difference it made, way more enjoyable.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

That is so awesome!!! I've been trying to lose weight also, snacks are my weakness too, especially when I'm up late! That is so awesome! GOOD JOB!

Cassandra said...

Thanks that's so sweet of you! I need all the encouragement I can get! :)

Heather said...

You are a better person then me. After Keely I had a lovely wring of "fluff" that wasn't there before... I just sat there hating it, but doing nothing about it. Maybe after this baby I'll try and do something... But knowing me, I probably will be the same, and not make any attempts until I'm done having kids. I'm so LaZy! So anywho... Good for you and good luck!

Cassandra said...

I've been sitting around hating it for almost 16 months now LOL . . . I know for sure I don't want to get pregnant again before I am healthier!

Lauren said...

i read this as i just ate a big mac at 10:00 at night...haha. but seriously this is AWESOME, i cant give up my junk food and snacking so i totally look up to your commitment.

Unknown said...

I'm so going to kick you but (insert evil laugh here) But seriously Im glad we decided to do this together. I'm craving EVERYTHING in the fridge, but refraining after I saw your food diary :)

Holly Mayer said...

that is great Cassandra! you will feel so much better losing some weight, I know that I do.